STRATEGIC & INNOVATION WORKSHOP SERIES
POWERED BY CHICOSTART
5 SECRET SOCIAL MEDIA MOVES THAT WILL MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS LOVE YOU EVEN MORE
BILLIONS FOR CLEANTECH… HOW CAN YOU GET IT?
There are billions allocated from governments to accelerate the energy transition. Funding for projects and innovations. $10 Billion for ZEV from the State, $30 Billion from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). The Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation has $1.4 Billion for water management, recycling, and reclamation from the IIJA. The State has budgeted $525 Million for Climate Innovation. How can you take advantage of this? Let us help guide you for success.
We will cover:
- Where is this money? What is it going to? Where can you apply?
- How can this help you build your company and where do you start?
- Connecting with the Clean Tech ecosystem to build partnerships and teams.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to tour the new Cleanstart Mobile Classroom!
WHAT IS DESIGN THINKING & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Jason Ugie, Product Leader
Design thinking is a methodology to help individuals and teams solve complex problems and deliver value. This workshop is designed for organizations and individuals hoping to become more human-centered in their approach and innovative in their thinking. Embracing a Design Thinking mindset aligns teams to face challenges and solve for customer and team needs. Join us for this hands-on three hour session and participate in collaborative Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design (HCD).
What to Expect
- Introduction to Design Thinking history and concepts
- Empathize with the needs and motivations of end-users
- Capturing feedback and brainstorming techniques to ideate potential solutions
- Conceptual design (you don’t need to be a designer)
- Testing methods to iterate refinements to develop the ideal solution
- Techniques to better understand the emotional, soial, and physical needs of your customers and team
- Quickly generate and test new ideas
- Collect feedback, prototype rapidly and de-risk ideas
HOW TO FIND AND KEEP GREAT EMPLOYEES THAT WILL WORK WITH YOU AND NOT AGAINST YOU
Michael and Kathryn Redman, Co-Founders – Half a Bubble Out
Finding and keeping great employees has never been more challenging or more important. The right hire can cause you to shout for joy and the wrong hire can cause you to tear your hair out. The point of hiring staff is to help you accomplish your mission and vision faster and more effectively than you could do it alone.
But hiring isn’t the only part of great employees. It doesn’t matter how good you are at hiring great employees if you can’t keep them. Many people might say it’s impossible to find great people today, but we don’t believe it because we have found them, and we continue to keep them, and you can too.
In this workshop we’ll share our hard-earned secrets to finding, hiring, and keeping great employees that will work with you, along with what to do when you make a mistake and hire the wrong person. We’ll even share some of our biggest mistakes, so you can avoid them too.
- Our definition of a great employee that sets us up for success.
- Our special job description method to attract your tribe and weed out tons of bad applicants.
- How to avoid disappointment down the road by creating the right mindset and expectations for hiring the best people.
- How to set yourself up to have interviews with only the best applicants.
- How to weed out people that are entitled.
- How to find people that have good judgment.
- How to find people that match your culture.
- How to leverage your onboarding to get the most of your new hire.
- How to help them decide to stay as long as possible and give you their best as they do.
USING BANKS TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Shari Barnhart, Vice President, Retail Regional Sales Manager
- PJ Jabbari, Vice President, Area Manager
In this workshop, business owners will learn about the variety of banking services and products available especially for small businesses. At the end of the workshop, business owners will be able to identify the services their businesses need and build a relationship with a financial institution that meets those needs.
- Identify common financial products and services used by small businesses.
- Consider the important factors when choosing a financial institution.
- Explore the value of building a relationship with a financial institution.